Padma Shri Awardee Dr. T.S. Chandrasekar, MD, DM, FRCP (London, Edinburg, Glasgow, Ireland), D.Sc, FACG, FASGE, MWGO is the Founder and Chief Gastroenterologist of MedIndia Hospitals, Chennai, India, a tertiary care training and research institution for gastroenterology, affiliated to the prestigious The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University. He is a Ph.D guide and expert committee member for the Curriculum Department and Adjunct Professor of the same University. He is the Convenor of MedIndia Research Foundation, Founder and Managing Trustee of MedIndia Charitable Trust and Chief Organiser of MedIndia Academy. He is a Nominated Member of the Tamil Nadu State Advisory Board on Disability, Chennai.
Presently, he is an International Committee Member for the American Society of Gastroenterology (ASGE). He has served as the Hon. President of Indian Society of Gastroenterology (2016 -17) and the Hon. President of Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India (2007- 08). He is credited with the introduction of Post Doctoral Fellowship Program in Advanced G I Endoscopy for the first time in India, recognized by the same state medical university. (http://www.tnmgrmu.edu.in/index.php/we-wish-to-inform-that-the-tamil-nadu-dr-m-g-r-medical-university-has-only-one-web-site-www-tnmgrmu-ac-in-we-don-t-have-any-other-websites-other-than-the-official-site-mentioned-above/2-uncategorised/1663-list-of-affiliated-institutions.html)
- Masters of the World Gastroenterology Organization (MWGO) Awardee (2019)
- Community Service Award by the American College of Gastroenterology (2019)
- RENNY ABRAHAM TANKER FOUNDATION LOVER FOR SERVICE AWARD, by the Tanker Foundation, Chennai (2019)
- INTERNATIONAL COMMITTEE MEMBER (India Region), American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
- ADJUNCT PROFESSOR of the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University
- HON. NATIONAL PRESIDENT of Indian Society of Gastroenterology (2016 – 2017).
- HON. REVIEWER of Indian Journal of Gastroenterology.
- MANAGING TRUSTEE of MedIndia Charitable Trust.
- PADMA SHRI AWARDEE (2016), by the Government of India